AEPA is an organization focused on excellence in events planned for the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Support for planners is available through networking, shared results of experience, professional growth encouragement, and resources via our secure web site. We are committed to service for Christ through our events.
- Offer networking opportunities for Seventh-day Adventist event planners.
- Provide a forum to share event planning information, experiences, ideas and trends in Adventist meeting planning.
- Compile data and develop research information from Adventist meeting planners that would better leverage resources.
- Establish professional growth and certification opportunities.
- Initiate and enhance relationships between the Seventh-day Adventist Church and the hotel/ event planning industry.
- Unify an annual calendar of events for all Adventist meetings.
- Construct a standardized basic contract template for hotel negotiations to assist the North American Division, General Conference of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Serve as a resource for all Adventist event planners.
Code of Ethics
- We will strive for high standards of professionalism, proficiency, and knowledge concerning event planning.
- We will avoid a conflict of interest or even the appearance of a conflict of interest in all dealings.
- We will endeavor to protect and enhance the integrity and best practices of event planning.
- We will actively enhance our professional development through education, certification, and shared results of experience.
- We will not be involved in conduct that we know to be illegal or immoral.
- We will not pursue gifts or favors that would influence objectivity as an consultant or decision maker in the planning process.
- We will wisely maintain private information regarding events and protect it as our own.
- We will uphold the standards of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in all business and event transactions.
- We will not accept undisclosed commissions, the selection of event venues based on personal loyalty points, FAM trip scamming, and other such industry infractions.
- We will operate with impartiality and respect toward employers, clients, competitors, peers, vendors, and the general public.